We’d love to meet you, and give you the smile you deserve.
We all get one set of adult teeth, and it’s our responsibility to take care of them so they will last a lifetime. The reality, of course, is that accidents happen, life takes over, and teeth get damaged, infected, and decayed, sometimes even when you take great care of them and see your dentist regularly. At Atlantis Dental, we specialize in restorative dentistry and deliver the dental repairs you need to create strong, healthy, beautiful smiles.
TOOTH REPLACEMENT OPTIONS FOR MISSING TEETH
Missing teeth are a big problem, not only cosmetically but functionally. Just one missing tooth can disrupt your smile, even if it’s a hardly seen molar. When there are holes in your smile, the rest of your teeth will migrate to fill the space, and this will not only upset alignment, but lead to wear and cracking.
Whether you need to replace one tooth or many teeth, there are several available options you can discuss with your Framingham restorative dentist, including:
- Dental implants: Bring your mouth back to full function with secure, long-lasting dental implants surgically embedded into the jawbone. These replications of natural teeth mimic both tooth root and crown to truly complete your smile. One single tooth can be replaced by an implant, or they can be used to support a complex bridge or partial denture.
- Dentures: Whether you are a good candidate for full dentures or partial dentures, a removable appliance is often the best way to replace missing teeth. Modern dentures fit well and are carefully customized to look and feel as natural as possible. Depending on how many teeth you are missing and whether they are all in the same area of your mouth, you may quality for implant-supported dentures which are an even more secure dental restoration.
- Porcelain bridges: A well-established solution for replacing missing teeth, dental bridges are made of clasps and a prosthetic tooth to fill in the hole in your smile. The bridge is anchored by porcelain crowns to secure the restoration. Bridges can be designed to eliminate spaces of nearly any size.
DENTAL RESTORATIONS IN FRAMINGHAM
Restorative dentistry treatments come in all shapes and sizes to match a patient’s oral health needs as well as their budget.
- Porcelain crowns: A stand-alone restoration or used in conjunction with porcelain bridges, porcelain crowns are typically used to cover a tooth after root canal therapy or to cap a broken, deteriorating, heavily decayed, misshapen, or stained tooth.
- Extractions: Your Framingham dentist will always do whatever is possible to save a tooth, but in some cases extraction is simply necessary to alleviate pain and complications. This procedure must be done carefully and methodically to ensure that the entire crown and root system are fully removed. A restoration to replace the missing tooth can follow once healing is complete.
- Tooth-colored fillings: White fillings are good for repairing decayed teeth, but they can also be used to repair cracked or chipped teeth. Composite fillings are free of toxic mercury and are tinted to match your tooth enamel color so they blend right in and complete your smile.
- Root canal therapy: When a tooth is deeply infected or suffers severe trauma, a root canal is necessary to thoroughly disinfect and fill the tooth roots, eliminating pain and saving the tooth. Modern techniques have made root canal therapy quick and simple, so do not avoid the dentist if you fear a root canal diagnosis.
- Soft tissue laser: Laser dentistry is a cutting-edge technique that allows for shorter procedures, less discomfort, and rapid healing, whether your dentist is treating gum disease, mouth ulcers, or reshaping the gum line.
GET THE RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY YOU NEED FROM ATLANTIS DENTAL
Do you need to talk to a restorative dentist about fixing a dental problem, replacing a missing tooth, or treating a problem area? Contact Dr. Sumbul Naqvi at Atlantis Dental in Framingham, MA, to schedule your appointment.