We’d love to meet you, and give you the smile you deserve.
You want straight teeth. You don’t want metal braces. Thank goodness for Invisalign, the nearly invisible way to align your smile. At Atlantis Dental in Framingham, MA, we offer Invisalign to qualified adults and teens for a discreet, efficient way to shift your teeth into alignment.
HOW INVISALIGN WORKS
Using a series of clear, removable aligners, Invisalign treatment plans are customized to each patient’s mouth to move teeth into alignment in about half the time of metal braces. Here’s how it works:
- Every set of aligners moves a few different teeth at a time.
- Aligners are switched out regularly to target new teeth.
- Teeth and roots are moved simultaneously, cutting down on treatment time.
- Attachments – small, composite dots – are used when necessary to help aligners fit more snugly and move teeth more effectively.
The average treatment time for a course of Invisalign is around 12 months. This number will vary, however, depending on how much your teeth need to move, how quickly they shift, and how observant you are when it comes to following the rules of being an Invisalign patient.
THE RULES OF WEARING INVISALIGN
There are far fewer restrictions for Invisalign-wearers compared to people who have conventional braces, but there are rules that need to be followed if you want this treatment to truly work.
- Invisalign must be worn 20 to 22 hours a day.
- Only remove Invisalign 4 to 6 times a day, for meals, snacks, and cleaning.
- Each set of aligners is worn for about 2 weeks before switching to another set.
- Visit your Framingham Invisalign provider every 6 weeks, or as recommended, to have your progress monitored and to collect the next sets of aligners.
- You will wear between 18 and 30 sets of aligners over the course of your treatment.
BENEFITS OF INVISALIGN
Besides being hardly noticeable and working quickly to move your teeth, Invisalign offers many other benefits:
- No food restrictions: Eat whatever you want, whenever you want, but remove your aligners first. You aren’t restricted from digging into favorites that traditional braces-wearers are forbidden to have, like chewy, crunchy, or sticky foods. (Just make sure to brush and floss teeth and clean aligners before putting them back together again.)
- Easy to clean: Wearing conventional braces comes with the task of carefully cleaning in and around those nonremovable brackets and wires with special tools. Invisalign trays are easy to clean and brushing and flossing remains a simple task.
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are smooth so they don’t poke or jab your cheeks, lips, or gums. There will, of course, be some discomfort as you adjust to each aligner set and they start to move your teeth, but this feeling means the job is getting done as it should. And that’s a good feeling.
- Confidence boost: If you have long been self-conscious about your crooked, gapped, or misaligned teeth, as soon as you see Invisalign making a change to your smile, your confidence will increase. Plus, you won’t be embarrassed during treatment since no one will ever notice that you’re wearing the virtually invisible trays unless you tell them.
ARE YOU A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR INVISALIGN?
At Atlantis Dental, we conduct a full evaluation of your teeth and bite to determine if you are a good candidate for Invisalign treatment. Using digital models, we will demonstrate how Invisalign works and simulate your treatment so you can visualize how your mouth will change your smile will improve.
Invisalign can correct all the problems that conventional braces correct, including overbites, underbites, open bites, cross bites, crowding, gaps, and more. Find out if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign. Contact us to schedule your consultation and get on the path to a straight, beautiful, healthy smile.