We’d love to meet you, and give you the smile you deserve.
If you are missing an entire arch of teeth or many teeth in one area of your mouth, dentures may be the best way to replace them. Modern dentures look natural, are comfortable, and are a reliable dental restoration to replace missing teeth. Find out whether you’re a good candidate for dentures from Atlantis Dental in Framingham.
TYPES OF DENTURES
Tired of being embarrassed about the appearance of your smile? A mouth that is missing multiple teeth is an attention-grabber, and not in the best way. Whether you have lost teeth because of extraction, gum disease, accident, advanced age, or otherwise, there is always a way to replace absent teeth. Dentures might be the right solution to restore your oral health and beautiful smile.
Discuss the following types of dentures with your Framingham dentist:
- Full Denture: If you are missing an entire arch of teeth on the top of your mouth, a full denture is designed to replace teeth and supporting tissues. A denture is carefully customized and adjusted to fit snugly along the gum line with the help of suction and adhesive. The full denture does cover the palate, which some patients hope to avoid, because it can feel odd until your mouth muscles and tissues adjust. Full dentures must be removed for daily cleaning.
- Partial Denture: Partial dentures take the form of a removable appliance that replaces one or more missing teeth. Prosthetic teeth are attached to a gum-colored acrylic and snapped in place, usually using clasps. This eliminates the need for adhesives and ensures that remaining teeth stay in place and do not drift into open areas, preventing the disruption of your mouth’s entire alignment.
- Permanent Denture: Patients who must replace multiple teeth but want to avoid full dentures and adhesives can find out if they’re a good candidate for permanent dentures. This restoration involves the placement of dental implants and a denture is then permanently attached to the implants for a secure, natural-looking repair that helps prevent bone loss by stimulating the jawbone.
When you choose dentures, you can bite, chew, and speak confidently again. You will have a smile that is complete in form and function.
THE IMPORTANCE OF REPLACING MISSING TEETH
Some people choose to live with a mouth full of holes and spaces because they want to avoid dentures at all costs. Unfortunately, dentures come with a stigma, but the modern version of this dental restoration is appropriate for all ages and gives patients a fully functional smile again.
If you do not replace missing teeth, you could face many negative side effects, including:
- Bone deterioration
- Look older than you are
- Changing face shape
- Unstimulated jawbone
- An unattractive smile
- Compressed appearance
- Sunken-in appearance
All these dramatic physical changes will not happen immediately if you are missing teeth, but these consequences are inevitable if you choose not to replace missing teeth.
THE PROS OF MODERN DENTURES
- Easy upkeep: Yes, daily cleaning is required, but the demand isn’t that taxing beyond your normal brushing and flossing routine.
- Reliable: Modern dentures are more reliable than dentures have ever been. Careful customization ensures that the dentures fit better and comfortably.
- Affordable: Compared to other dental restorations like dental implants, dentures are an affordable tooth replacement option that can work for a more modest budget.
- Cosmetic upgrade: When you replace missing teeth, your smile is complete again and simply looks better, so you look younger, healthier, and happier. Dentures are carefully designed in size, shape, and color to complement your appearance, face shape, gender, age, and skin tone.
- Confidence: Self-conscious about your broken-down smile? With natural-looking dentures in place, you will regain confidence about smiling, speaking, and eating.
Contact Atlantis Dental in Framingham to find out if dentures are the right solution for your missing teeth. Schedule your consultation today to discuss your options.