We’d love to meet you, and give you the smile you deserve.
Before you make the big decision to invest in Invisalign treatment, it’s important to know what to expect from this alignment method and understand how it works. Get all the details from Atlantis Dental, experienced Invisalign providers in Framingham, MA.
Invisalign By the Numbers
The logistics of wearing Invisalign can be broken down into a numbers game. Here are the major digits you need to be aware of:
- 12 months: Invisalign treatment, on average, takes about one year to complete. Depending on the complexity of your case, it may take less time or may take longer.
- 18 to 30 trays: You will wear between 18 and 30 trays over the course of your treatment, a number that your Framingham Invisalign provider will identify at the start.
- 20 to 22 hours: Trays must be worn for 20 to 22 hours a day, without exception. The only time the aligners should be out of your mouth is for meals, snacks, and cleaning.
- 2 weeks: Each set of aligners is worn for about two weeks. Invisalign is designed to move a few teeth at a time so every tray has an important job to do.
- 6-8 weeks: You will visit your Invisalign provider every 6 to 8 weeks so your progress can be evaluated, and so you can collect your next several sets of aligners.
What It’s Really Like to Wear Invisalign
The day-to-day reality of wearing Invisalign is this: It’s a commitment. You must work Invisalign into your normal routine and prioritize it. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Extra brushing and flossing are necessary: No longer is a morning brush and evening brush and floss enough for cleaning your teeth. When you take your trays out, you must clean your teeth before you put them back in again – and you must clean your trays too to keep your teeth healthy and not overexposed to sugars, acids, or bacteria.
- You can eat whatever you want: Unlike traditional braces-wearers, Invisalign-wearers have no food restrictions. Eat your favorite foods whenever you like, as long as your trays are out of your mouth. Just remember, your teeth may be a little tender from the movement, so that will affect what you can eat.
- The treatment is practically invisible: The biggest perk of Invisalign is that it’s nearly impossible to detect on the teeth. The aligners are so thin, smooth, and clear they blend into your teeth and make the treatment incredibly discreet.
- You will need to wear retainers afterward: Just because you’ve chosen an alternative to conventional metal braces, that doesn’t mean you can bypass retainers. These must be worn after treatment is over so you can keep your newly aligned teeth in line.
The Cost of Invisalign
One of the most important numbers potential Invisalign patients want to know about is the cost of the treatment. This total will vary, depending on how complex a case is, but you can expect the following:
- Worthwhile investment: Invisalign usually costs between $3,000 and $7,000, similarly to the cost of traditional metal braces.
- All-inclusive: Invisalign cost, which you will learn up front, includes all elements of treatment, from trays to office visits to attachments to retainers.
- Affordable: Multiple payment options for Invisalign are available at Atlantis Dental, making this orthodontic alternative a realistic, affordable option, no matter your budget.
Are You a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign is possible for adults and teens. If you’re interested in this alignment method, ask. Invisalign can correct multiple alignment issues, including nearly everything regular braces can fix, from underbites to overbites, open bites to crooked teeth, gaps to crowded teeth.
Learn more about Invisalign and find out whether you’re a good candidate for this orthodontic alternative. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Sumbul Naqvi at Atlantis Dental in Framingham.