We’d love to meet you, and give you the smile you deserve.
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, contact us immediately at 508-859-9600. We will see true dental emergencies on the same working day.
A true dental emergency cannot wait. Left unaddressed, a problem with your teeth, gums, or jaw can lead to larger complications, including tooth loss or even hospitalization from infection. At Atlantis Dental in Framingham, we take every dental emergency seriously. If you have a concern, contact us right away to find out whether you need to be seen immediately.
WHAT QUALIFIES AS A DENTAL EMERGENCY?
Any threat to the living tissues in your mouth is considered an acute dental emergency, but it is important to allow your Framingham dentist to be the one to determine the severity of your condition. Reach out to your dentist if you have any of the following problems:
- Loose, dislodged, or broken tooth: Whether accident or trauma causes these problems, the issue is incredibly time sensitive and must be handled ASAP. You could lose your tooth without quick treatment.
- Severe or debilitating tooth pain: A toothache that is so severe you double over, feel weak or dizzy, or cannot function normally in your daily life requires immediate diagnosis and intervention. The source of the problem could be tooth decay, gum infection, root infection, or even overuse of over-the-counter teeth whitening products.
- Infection, abscess, or swelling: Red, swollen, pus-filled, or oozing gums could be symptoms of a very serious dental and medical emergency and must be addressed quickly.
- Broken tooth or broken dental work: A broken tooth, dental bridge, crown, implant, filling, veneer, or denture is inconvenient. This issue should be tended to as soon as possible to prevent further damage, prevent bacteria from entering the area, and stop an infection from developing.
- Chipped tooth: Quite often, a chipped tooth – depending on the severity of the chip and the location – is a cosmetic problem more than anything else. Allow your dentist to decide whether you need to be seen right away to make this repair.
- Mouth or jaw trauma: If you suffer a blow to the mouth or jaw, followed by sudden discomfort or bleeding, notify your dentist promptly. You may not be able to see any problems yourself, but there could be cracks, breaks, or cuts that can lead to future complications.
REPAIRS FOR A DENTAL EMERGENCY
Your dentist cannot predict what the treatment will be for your unique dental emergency until an examination has been completed. Some of the following procedures are often necessary:
- Tooth extraction: If a tooth is severely damaged and cannot be saved, or if a tooth is so badly infected that the problem cannot be corrected with root canal therapy, a tooth extraction will be necessary. Once the site has healed, you can discuss restorations like a dental implant or dental bridge to determine what is best for your mouth.
- Root canal therapy: When you have extreme tooth pain, root canal therapy can relieve the discomfort and potentially save your tooth. Your Framingham dentist will meticulously clean the root canals of the infected tooth and fill them to prevent further problems while also saving your natural tooth. This treatment is usually followed by the placement of a porcelain crown.
- Wisdom tooth removal: Severe pain caused by impacted or decayed wisdom teeth are a serious problem that needs to be treated right away. Emergency extraction will be necessary to alleviate pain and prevent the wisdom teeth from damaging the rest of your teeth.
- Dental restorations: If a natural tooth is badly infected or damaged, you will likely need a dental restoration after repairs are completed. This can include anything from a tooth-colored filling to a porcelain crown.
CONTACT YOUR FRAMINGHAM EMERGENCY DENTIST
Don’t wait for your next dental appointment to get help. If you are concerned about your oral health and are experiencing pain or have suffered an injury, we take all your worries seriously. Contact Atlantis Dental now to get a diagnosis and find out if you need immediate repair. Every dental problem has a solution, and you don’t have to wait for relief. Call your Framingham emergency dentist to get help now and avoid extensive repairs later.