We’d love to meet you, and give you the smile you deserve.
Most adults who are considering orthodontics to straighten their teeth or correct their bite lean toward the most discreet methods possible. Invisalign and Fastbraces are two of the most popular and effective clear braces options, depending on your alignment needs. Consult with the experts at Atlantis Dental in Framingham, MA, to find out which dental braces are right for you.
How Fastbraces Work
The Fastbraces technology has put these innovative dental braces on the map, making it a popular option for people of all ages. When teeth have erupted improperly – tilted, overlapped, or crooked above and below the root – Fastbraces are designed to move each tooth upright and into alignment efficiently and quickly.
- High-performing bracket system: Fastbraces are known for their triangular-shaped brackets. This patented technology alters the force-flexibility of the braces so they can work together seamlessly with an elastic, nickel-titanium wire.
- Simultaneous alignment: In conventional metal braces, the crowns of the teeth are shifted in year one and the roots follow in the second year. Fastbraces straightens everything out at the same time. When delayed root movement is eliminated, treatment goes faster.
- Heat power: One of the most powerful elements of Fastbraces is the natural temperature of your mouth. This warmth helps expedite the movement of the teeth day after day.
- Efficiency: Traditional braces can take up to three years to complete, depending on the complexity of your case. Fastbraces usually last anywhere from three months to one year, slicing the timeline in more than half.
As dental braces go, Fastbraces more closely resemble conventional braces than Invisalign because the brackets are bonded in place until treatment is complete. However, the hardware is clear or ceramic-colored wherever possible so it blends into your tooth enamel as is difficult to see.
What It’s Like to Wear Invisalign
If you qualify as a candidate for Invisalign, you will enjoy many benefits that wearers of traditional dental braces will never experience. Here’s what you need to know about wearing Invisalign every day:
- Keep the trays on your teeth for 20 to 22 hours a day.
- Remove aligners for meals, snacks, and all beverages besides water.
- Soak the trays daily to keep them clear and odor-free.
- Expect some pressure as the teeth begin to shift into their new positions.
- Appreciate the comfort of smooth trays that do not snag your lips or cheeks.
- Enjoy the ease of brushing and flossing normally, no special tools needed.
Invisalign is largely a numbers game, and it works seamlessly with adults especially because they want an alignment method that is discreet and does not interfere with their job or lifestyle. Invisalign Teen is also great for the adolescent crowd because they are motivated to follow the rules to avoid any sort of metal braces that will stand out.
In general, Invisalign takes about one year to complete, but that’s for a full treatment. Some patients only need half that time to straighten out their smiles, while others with more complex cases may need a little longer.
What Kind of Dental Braces Are Right for You?
Having misaligned teeth is a cosmetic issue, but it’s also a functional matter. Teeth that aren’t straight can cause multiple oral health problems, including tooth decay, enamel erosion, gum recession, TMJ problems, broken teeth, and more. If you are dealing with a host of dental issues that are interfering with your daily life, it may be time to consider if dental braces are the right solution.